Like the name says, the Avid Juicy Ultimate Brake Set is designed to be the ultimate hydraulic disc brake. It is super light, offers superb high-performance braking, and has cool features like a carbon lever blade. There isn't much else you could ask for. The caliper bodies are a forged, one-piece monoblok design and use Avid's Tri-Align caliper positioning system for simple setup.
This brake set does away with the large contact point adjustment knob you've seen on other Juicy brakes ( a weight-saving concession). Instead, you simply use a 2.5mm hex key (which also adjusts rebound on some Rockshox forks). Handy and saves weight and space in your tool kit.
* Magnesium lever bodies with carbon blade, ambidextrous design, compatible with the SRAM Matchmaker add-on clamp (not required or included, but a nice add-on)
* Weight-saving titanium mounting bolts and banjo bolts
* New Avid organic compound pad
* Claimed 345 grams (Front, post-mount, 160mm)
* 6 bolt rotor fits today's common International Standard hubs
* Caliper fits 51mm International Standard frames/forks as indicated
* 160mm systems fit frames and forks using the 51mm International Standard disc mount, or 74mm Manitou forks by removing the included adapter. 185mm and 203mm systems fit 51mm International Standard disc brake mounts only, but can be adapted to quick release 74mm Manitou forks by using an Avid adapter. To mount a 203mm Avid Juicy system on a 20mm throughaxle fork, use the appropriate Hayes adapter.
Sold singly (enough for one wheel). Kit includes pre-bled line, lever, caliper, rotor, and mounting hardware.